Patch 5.9 is the next patch coming to Smite, bringing more balance changes and the next instalment to the Divine Uprising event. This patch will probably be released on 29th May for both PC and Console based on the release time of the previous patch, although there has been no official announcement. PTS is set to released later tonight.
*5.9 will be released on PC and console on Wednesday 30th May!
The patch notes show will now air on Fridays at 3pm GMT (11am EDT), so these posts will hopefully be out on a Friday night from now on.
There’s only a few skins this patch, and just the one outside of the Divine Uprising event.
Electric Dream Nox is the next EDM skin to come to Smite. This will be the last EDM skin for a while, but I think this is the best so far (or maybe I’m just biased as Nox is my favourite)! I love the way this skin looks! The colours are beautiful and she even has wings! I’ve never really been a huge fan of the EDM skins, so the ability sounds don’t really do much for me… but visually, I love it!
Not sure how you get this skin as of yet, whether it will be in a chest or in a bundle similar to the Ravin’ Ravana skin… but I need it! *Edit: Since PTS was released, it has been confirmed that this skin will be in a 15 item chest, costing 400 gems per roll. The chest will contain Electric Dream Nox, Ba5sdrop Janus, Heaven’s Raver Zeus, Basscannon Neith, Ravin’ Ravana, Fabulous Chiron and the EDM bundle (level up and global emote) as well as 8 other 400 gem skins.
The following skins will all be added to the Slavic chest which costs 300 gems per roll. For more information on the event, please see my Divine Uprising post here!
Dragon’s Light Sobek is the first skin brought to Smite as the 2nd part of the Slavic section of this event. The Hi-Rez team have put some extra effort into improving Sobek’s model for this skin, so you may notice some changes to his size and posture. The team hope to use this updated model on future skins for Sobek. I love that they turned him into a dragon, and the ability effects are pretty cool, but this skin isn’t for me.
Sobek has also had his Golden, Legendary and Diamond Mastery skins updated.
Soothsayer The Morrigan is the next skin added to the Slavic section. The style and the colours for this skin really work well and the ability effects are amazing. There isn’t a huge change from her original model like the Sobek skin, but her outfit suits the Slavic theme and there’s even a VXG emote which affects her bird.
Dragon Queen Scylla is my favourite of the 3 Slavic skins. I’m not a huge fan of the card art as it makes her look quite pixie like, but it’s much better in game. Her outfit really suites the style again and I adore her little dragon wings. The ability effects are fairly simple, but the English voice pack wins me over!
Soul Eater (Evolved) – Ability lifesteal increased from 10% to 15%.
Hide of the Urchin – Stacks required to evolve decreased from 10 to 7, magical and physical protections per stack increased from 2 to 3, and time taken to generate a shield decreased from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
Stone of Binding – Passive magical penetration increased from 10 to 15, and visual effects have been updated.
Talisman of Energy – Radius of buff effect increased from 55 to 70 units, buff duration increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds, and maximum stacks increased from 5 to 6.
Shogun’s Kusari – Magical protection increased from 50 to 60.
Sovereignty – Physical protection decreased from 50 to 45.
Heartward Amulet – Magical protection from aura decreased from 20 to 15.
Titan’s Bane – Base physical penetration decreased from 20% to 15%, protection threshold increased from 175 physical protection to 200 physical protection to gain max penetration.
Obsidian Shard – Base magical penetration decreased from 20% to 15%, protection threshold increased from 175 magical protection to 200 magical protection to gain max penetration.
Shoes of Focus – Magical power increased from 40 to 55.
Shoes of the Magi – Magical power increased from 45 to 55.
- Corpse Explosion – Initial damage increased from 60/70/80/90/100 to 90/100/110/120/130, but damage per corpse decreased from 60/85/110/135/160 to 55/80/105/130/155.
- Basic attack audio has been improved to match better with the visuals.
- Crystallized Curses – Initial damage increased from 50/80/110/140/170 to 70/100/130/160/190.
- Vicious Barrage – Mana cost decreased from 80/85/90/95/100 to 70/75/80/85/90.
- Into the Darkness – Fixed issues where players would not enter walls or be ejected early.
- Living Nightmare – Post fire attack removed (was 0.2 seconds, now 0 seconds), minimum travel time decreased from 1.2 seconds to 1 second, max travel time decreased from 3 seconds to 2.6 seconds. Fixed an issue where during flight players were getting stuck in walls.
- Berserk – Passive power bonus in berserk form decreased from 5+2 per level to 0+2 per level.
- Spot Weakness – Mana cost decreased from 60/65/70/75/80 to 60 at all ranks.
- Pin – Fixed an issue where the targeter was very slightly offset from the damage of the ability.
- 9 Turns Blessing – Taunt duration increased from 0.8/0.9/1/1.1/1.2 seconds to 1.2 seconds at all ranks.
- Banner – Damage decreased from 85/140/195/250/305 to 75/130/185/240/295.
- Mounted Archery – Slow decreased from 25/30/35/40/45% to 20/25/30/35/40%.
- Base attack speed increased from 0.95 to 1.
- Night Terror – Now shows the explode radius and a clearer interaction with walls (updated targeter).
- Base attack speed increased from 0.9 to 0.95.
- Poison Darts – If interrupted before any darts are fired, this ability no longer consumes mana or puts the ability on cooldown.
- Detonate – Mana cost decreased from 90 at all ranks to 60 at all ranks.
- Lightning Storm – Base damage increased from 100/120/140/160/180 to 120/140/160/180/200.
- Demon Bag – Stacks increased from 20 to 40, protections per stack decreased from 2 to 1. No longer has to consume marks with exorcism to gain stacks, witnessing any death will now grant stacks. Stacks lost on death and after using recall demons decreased from 100% to 50%.
- Book of Demons – Stun duration increased from 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9 seconds to 0.7/0.8/0.9/1/1.1 seconds.
Divine Dominance is a new community competition running alongside the Divine Uprising event. The competition requires players on any platform to submit their best plays with Chernobog for the chance to win 1000 gems.
This event will then be reset on Baron Samedi’s release and will also be reset for Pele with the same conditions. For more information on the competition and details on how to enter, please follow the link to the Official Divine Dominance page.
- Abyssal Warrior Sun Wukong
- Countess Changé
- Pot O’Gold Fafnir
- Playful Bunny Nu Wa
- Recon Artemis
- Peacekeeper Athena
- Fallen Lord Chronos
Fantasy Points Store:
- Kumbhalayan Yeti Kumbhakarna
- Igneous Terra
- Diva Aphrodite
There’s also a gem event happening this weekend from Friday 18th May to sunday 20th May. Players can earn 30 gems per day for getting 3 FWOTD each day for a total of 80 gems over the whole weekend!
As always, you can see the Official Smite Patch Notes by following the link