With the arrival of Episode 6: One Path Ends – the finale to Living World Season 3 – coming to our screens on Tuesday 25th July, I thought I should finish off the train of Druid Stone achievement guides I’ve been doing as part of Episode 5: Flashpoint. I know I’ve been slow doing these but it’s only right for me to finish what I’ve started, and although I haven’t completely finished the achievements, I’m only waiting on 3 more days of Druid Runestones.
So, here’s the collection, A Henge Away From Home, in the achievements panel:
There are 32 parts to this achievement, split into 4 sections. It is considerably larger than the previous achievements, but a lot of it is related so it’s not too daunting.
1. Blooming Druid Stone. This is the backpack you received on completing Sprouting the Druid Stone.
2. Heavy Houndskin Mantle. This is rewarded for completing 20 of the Flashpoint achievements. The Flashpoint achievement list can be found under the Story Journal header. There are 32 achievements that count towards this reward and you only need 20, I managed to do this early on after playing for a few days so it shouldn’t be too hard if you haven’t done it yet. As far as I know you can choose any of the mantles as all three skins unlock when you do anyway.
3. Element of Aestus. Awarded after defeating the Legendary Destroyer Aestus who is found on the Frothing Pedestal POI in Draconis Mons (East) as part of the Group Event “Defeat the Destroyer Lieutenants”.
4. Aestus Runestone. Combine the Element of Aestus with a completed Druid Runestone (made of 5 fragments which are bought from the heart vendors and the unbound magic vendor).
5. Element of Ignis. Awarded after defeating the Legendary Destroyer Ignis found on the Seething Pillar POI in Draconis Mons (West) as part of the Group Event “Defeat the Destroyer Lieutenant”.
6. Ignis Runestone. Combine the Element of Ignis with a completed Druid Runestone.
7. Element of the Desecrator. Awarded by defeating a Champion Molten Desecrator in Draconis Mons as part of the Group Event “Neutralize the destroyer champions and all destroyer burrows”. There are a few of these spawning at different locations in Draconis Mons, but I defeated the one just East of the volcano.
8. Desecrator Runestone. Combine the Element of the Desecrator with a completed Druid Runestone.
9. Destroyer’s Rest. Bring the Aestus Runestone, Ignis Runestone and the Desecrator Runestone to Kodama. You need to have completed all these Runestones before you can give them to Kodama, she will not accept them individually. See below for Kodama’s location.
10. Element of Fire. Dropped by Fire Elementals from anywhere in Tyria. I went to the Wildflame Caverns in Metrica Province as there’s a low level cave full of embers. I only had to kill about 4 to get the drop.
11. Volcanic Runestone. Combine the Element of Fire with a complete Druid Runstone.
12. Element of Water. Dropped by Ice Elementals in Tyria. I went to The Grekvelnn Burrows in Wayfarer Foothills as there’s another low level cave with plenty of Ice Elementals. It took me about 10 minutes to get this drop as there was an event on so people were killing the elementals before I could get to them.
13. Glacial Runestone. Combine the Element of Water with a complete Druid Runstone.
14. Element of Air. Dropped by Air Elementals in Tyria. This one for me was quite tricky. I originally went to The Opticaluim POI near The Hinterlabs in Metrica Province as there are lots of low level sparks that I could kill in 1 hit. However, after about 15 minutes I still had no drops so resorted to looking on Wiki. That led me to the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance in Malchor’s Leap. I got the drop after killing about 8 elementals. There are also Ice Elementals here too, but obviously as they are higher levels they take longer to kill.
15. Charged Runestone. Combine the Element of Air with a complete Druid Runstone.
16. Element of Earth. Dropped by Earth Elementals in Tyria. I went to Mon Maelstrom in Mount Maelstrom and killed about 8 before I got the drop. These aren’t difficult achievements, you just need to know where to find the right elementals.
17. Earthen Runestone. Combine the Element of Earth with a complete Druid Runstone.
18. Elemental Rest. Bring the Volcanic Runestone, Glacial Runestone, Charged Runestone and the Earthen Runestone to Kodama. You will need to have completed all of these before giving them to Kodama as she will not accept them individually.
19. Druid’s Vision. Bring a Vision Crystal to Kodama. Vision Crystals are crafted by an Armorsmith, Leatherworker, Tailor, Weaponsmith, Artificer or Huntsman at level 500. You need 5 Bloodstone Bricks, 5 Dragonite Ingots, 5 Empyreal Stars and an Augur’s Stone (bought from Miyani for 20 Spirit Shards). This is probably the most difficult part if you haven’t been playing the game long and/or don’t craft as Vision Crystals are account bound and cannot be bought. However, they can be found in the Chest of Ascended Crafting Materials which is one of the selections from the Chest of Loyalty, the last in the chain of Daily Log in rewards.
20. A Storm Bouquet for Kodama. Bring 10 Fire Orchids and 5 Charged Lodestones to Kodama. Both the Fire Orchids and Lodestones will need to be in your inventory to be able to give them to Kodama. See below for locations.
21. A Frozen Bouquet for Liriodendron. Bring 10 Fire Orchids and 5 Glacial Lodestones to Kodama. Both the Fire Orchids and Lodestones will need to be in your inventory to be able to give them to Kodama. See below for locations.
22. An Earthen Bouquet for Broadleaf. Bring 10 Fire Orchids and 5 Onyx Lodestones to Kodama. Both the Fire Orchids and Lodestones will need to be in your inventory to be able to give them to Kodama. See below for locations.
23. An Infernal Bouquet for Rosewood. Bring 10 Fire Orchids and 5 Molten Lodestones to Kodama. Both the Fire Orchids and Lodestones will need to be in your inventory to be able to give them to Kodama. See below for locations.
All these Lodestones can be purchased from the Black Lion Trading post, currently ranging in price from 50 silver to 1 gold & 60 silver per Lodestone.
24. Dierdre’s Orchard. Plant 3 Fire Orchid Seeds in the Fertile Soil patch in Diedre’s Steps. Dierdre’s Steps is located in Mount Maelstrom and can only be accessed by portals which spawn over the map. There is also a jump puzzle here.
In order to open the portals, a boss needs to be killed at specific locations: The Keeper of Light, Earth, Winds and Waves. You only need to kill ones of these Keepers for a portal to spawn. The portal opens at the boss location upon their defeat.
Once you are inside the garden, head to the West on the ground level and you will find the Fertile Soil Patch. Interact with it to plant the seeds (again they need to be in your inventory to be able to plant them).
25. Maguuma’s Orchard. Plant 3 Fire Orchid Seeds in the Fertile Soil patch in the Oasis in Dry Top. Easy one to find as long as you have the Vine Bridge Waypoint unlocked. If you haven’t uncovered the Dry Top area you’ll have to go the long way round.
The Fertile Soil patch is located in the top left corner of the Dry Top map, just North of Vine Bridge Waypoint and next to the patch where the harvesting plants are.
26. Melandru’s Orchard. Plant 3 Fire Orchid Seeds in the Fertile Soil patch at the Cathedral of Verdance in Cursed Shore. From Verdance Waypoint, go up the ramps towards the karma vendor, and the Fertile Soil nearby. The Fire Orchid trees will not be here until a while after you have planted the seed, my originally screenshot vanished so had to renew it.
27. Seaside Propagation. Plant 1 Fire Orchid Seed in the Fertile Soil patch located on one of the Islands in the Eastern Boiling Sea. The Island is West of Frothing Pedestal and can be glided to easily. The Fertile Soil is found on the North side, on the lowest section of the Island.
28. Wind Rider Ledge Propagation. Plant 1 Fire Orchid Seed in the Fertile Soil patch in Wind Rider Ledges, Draconis Mons. You need to use the Oakheart Essence for this one although there probably will be another way of getting to it (Gliding from the Fertile Soil patch at the Ancient Hollow Propagation will get you there). Use the Essence to grab onto where my arrows lead and it should shoot you upwards on top on the rock and to the Fertile Soil Patch. This might take a few tries as you might have to use your 3rd Essence in the air to pull you further up the rock.
29. Rata Arcanum Propagation. Plant 1 Fire Orchid Seed in the Fertile Soil patch located in a cave beyond the Rata Arcanum Inquest base. You will need Oakheart’s Essence to get there. From the area where Champion Power Suit Mark III spawns, use the Oakheart’s Essence to climb over the Asura Gate, leading to a cave. Head south in the cave and you will find the Fertile Soil patch in an enclosed cave area on the ground level.
30. Seaside Ledges Propagation. Plant 1 Fire Orchid Seed in the Fertile Soil Patch near the cave entrance leading to Kodama. From Kodama’s Cave, walk up the thinner section to where my arrow is pointing. There is a small opening in the rock, walk through and the Fertile Soil Patch is there.
31. Nu II Propagation. Plant 1 Fire Orchid Seed in the Fertile Soil patch located at the end of the Nu II Vault. It’s fairly easy to navigate the vault, the Fertile Soil is found at the end in a more enclosed cave area.
32. Ancient Hollow Propagation. Plant 1 Fire Orchid Seed in the Fertile Soil patch in Scolding Gorge, an upper level cave accessed by updrafts and mushrooms from Ancient Hollow waypoint. The Fertile Soil patch is located at the very west of the cave.
Pictures/Diagrams for the Druid’s Locations:
Kodama: Kodama can be found below the Heathen’s Hold Waypoint. Just run directly West of the waypoint, drop down a level to a ledge with a cave opening. If you drop down you should be directly above this platform. She is at the far end of the cave marked with the “Druid’s Grotto” POI.
Liriodendron: Start at Heathen’s Hold Waypoint, again go directly West and drop off the end but this time open your glider as soon as you can and glide directly East. You can land on this level at any time, but keep going East and turn at the last moment to find the Peace Grounds and Liriodendron.
Broadleaf: This is probably the most awkward one to get to as Broadleaf is all the way over the other side of the map. Start at Heathen’s Hold Waypoint and use the Thermal Tube directly North of the Waypoint, this will put you by the Volcano entrance. Turn around and glide into the updraft and then glide South-West without dropping otherwise you won’t make it… just keep gliding and leaning when you can. See the photos for more detail.
It was difficult to see the dots on this one so I added some arrows to show where you need to go.
Rosewood: Travel to Ancient Hollow Waypoint, slightly to the North you will find a Bouncy Mushroom sending you up a large branch to another Bouncy Mushroom. This will take you to a mossy platform with a large rock next to it. Rosewood is at the end of the rock.
Use these mushrooms to get to the platform I’m stood on. Rosewood is just off screen to my right in the 2nd picture.